Event Program (March 12, 2018):
11:00 am – 11:30 am: Registration & Networking (Hotel Grand Pacific – Pender Island Ballroom)
11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Lunch with plenary session: “Economic Overview: British Columbia’s Capital Region”
Official Welcome: Lisa Helps, Mayor of Victoria
- South Island Prosperity Project (Greater Victoria’s economic development organization)
- Ocean Networks Canada (One of Canada’s largest scientific research initiatives, Ryan Flagg, Observatory Engineer-Presenting: Ocean Research and Technology in Canada)
- Schneider Electric (Presenting: Greater Victoria’s Clean-Tech Sector)
1:15 pm – 4:00 pm: Site Tours Begin (two streams: travel by bus transport from the Hotel Grande Pacific)
- Smart Cities and Clean-Technologies: Tour IoT building-controls leader Reliable Controls LEED-certifed global headquarters, then travel to the University of Victoria to hear from several companies, a presentation from Foresight Clean-tech Accelerator, as well as get an overview of UVic’s work in clean-tech/smart cities (e-vehicles, smart grid systems, fuel cells, etc.)
- Ocean & Marine Technology: Tour three world-class locations: Ocean Networks Canada (equipment facilities), Institute of Ocean Sciences, and AXYS Technologies global headquarters.
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm: Travel to reception location (Canoe Brewpub, 450 Swift Street, Victoria)
4:30 pm – 5:15 pm: Pitches from Smart Cities Open Innovation Challenge Winners (winning projects announced on March 11 at a public symposium)
5:15 pm – 7:30 pm: Cocktail Reception (Canoe Brewpub)
7:30 pm: official end of program
*Please note: travel to/from Victoria is the responsibility of individuals or groups. Please ask us about travel or hospitality options.
Event Program (March 13, 2018):
- Optional one on one meetings organized on a case-by-case basis.